Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, July 26, 2013

Revisiting Rhonda

In knitting the presents for the baby shower I told you about in my last post, I decided to knit my Rhonda's Delight bib for one of the presents.  I designed this for the 2009 Dishcloth Calendar and in knitting it, I realized that it was in serious need of an update.
I added the instructions for using the short rows to begin the bib.  This is my favorite method as not only is it easy, but it makes such a nice smooth line at the bottom of the bib.  I also included alternate methods of doing the ties, either knitting I-cords or crocheting.  There's also a chart for those of you that want one, although you really don't need it.  It's an easily memorized pattern so you don't have to keep referring to directions.  The pdf is in the sidebar under updated patterns or you can just click here.
I think this is such a great pattern for using all those pretty variegated yarns.  If you've ever knitted Rhonda's Darrell Waltrip Cloth, you know how much fun it is.  Rhonda was delighted when I told her I wanted to use her pattern and I hope you'll be delighted too with this new and improved version of the bib!

No comments: